Thursday, July 1, 2010

Neglect

I've neglected to write lately, mostly because I've had to neglect everything due to lack of time. In the past 10 days, I've worked 14 to 18 hours a day and barely had time to prepare a meal much less anything else. I did, however, find time to tell a few more people about our news. Some had reactions I expected, others are still puzzling. I told my brother Marc as I was leaving the yogurt shop one night right after he happened to answer the phone. To be fair, I had already left by turned back, figuring I should tell him sooner rather than later. he was one the phone and gave me a puzzled look and mouthed "are you pregnant?" I told him yes, thought you'd want to know and was on my way. I eventually had to tell most people I was working with at the fireworks building just for the simple fact that they needed to understand why I was so freakin tired. At the building people were mostly congratulatory and even a little shocked that i was working so much. I told Pamela at lunch on Monday as we were preparing for our coalition meeting. She was so excited she went to order "what to expect when yo're expecting" right after our meeting. I told Paul the Thursday before the 4th and he was definitely excited, as was my mom's old friend, Doreen, who was in town to visit.
I really can't remember who else we've told, though we did have a nice dinner with Luke's parents, Michael and Nana on Friday to "celebrate". I'm noticing my brain is in a perpetual fog and I'm tired all the time, even taking naps, which is particularly unusual for me. In fact, I'm tired now and still have work to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment