Wednesday, August 25, 2010

More and Less Space

I know it's been awhile but alot has changed! We bought a house, for one thing! Its a great stone cottage 2200 sq ft, wood floors, 12 foot ceilings, great windows, and even though we were looking for a house without one-an in-ground pool. It needs a little work (electrical updates, some tape and float, new paint, could even use and update to the kitchen) but I'm hoping we'll be finished before Christmas...
I'm starting the second trimester these days and feeling-not as good as I hoped I would. While most of the nausea is gone, I'm still pretty pooped out and my back is killing me! More specifically, my sciatic nerves! I had problems with them before, but usually it was just on one side and a few minutes of stretching would make it disappear. Now I feel like falling to my knees some days. I literally crawled to the bathroom the other day...I'm realizing I've never been so physically taxed and mentally drained as I am now. Forget emotions! While I have yet to blubber away or snap, I'm feeling less patient with people and finding I have to head off problems sooner these days-kinda feeling like a nag, granted a diplomatic nag, but still. I figure that's better than being pissed off about something that's been annoying me for weeks.

I thought I was done with morning sickness but this past Sunday morning proved me wrong. I think I accidentally rolled over onto my stomach for a minute before waking up and the instant need to toss some cookies was the baby's way of saying "get off me!"

I already feel super pregnant, and with such a short torso-already look it, too. Doc said only place for baby to go is out. The space between my hips and ribs is roughly the length of my palm-if that. On someone who is 5'4" on a good day, that's not much space. But for all the aches and pains and there are already more than I expected, I'm certain it'll be worth it.

Since we have a new house to furnish, we've been looking at cribs and such. I think we found what we're looking for at Pottery Barn Kids. Yes, it's yuppie, but it's well-made and inexpensive (it's also on sale). besides what's so wrong with being yuppie? I mean aside from the cookie-cutter character and the social and cultural elitism?

It's not easy to furnish a house when you're working full-time and are full of horomones. I know what I like, I'm just not certain if anything will go together. I don't necessarily want everything to be matchy-matchy, but I'd like there to be some congruity...maybe in the paint colors? I'm thinking blue-gray walls and pearl white ceilings...or maybe just shades of white...or some kind of taupe? Oh well, I figure it out. I think for some reason people expected me to know exactly what I want, but I don't. it's kind of like our wedding-I kind of just went with whatever-lots of colors, it's fiesta? sure! But I did learn one thing about being flexible: it's good but whatever you decide, make sure you love it! I'm still a little disappointed about my dress and the fact that the photographers sold the company, fled the country and we have no pictures of our wedding day...other than that, it was nice and fun!

I digress...

No comments:

Post a Comment